Power of Attorney for Healthcare:
You have the right to make decisions about your health care. You also have the right to name someone to make these health care decisions for you. This form lets you do either or both of these things. A Power of Attorney for Healthcare lets you express your wishes regarding donation of organs and the designation of your primary physician.
An Agent is appointed by you to make medical decisions for you on a short term basis should you be unable to do so. Once you are again able to make your own decisions, the agent would no longer have the right to make these decisions for you.
Your agent, will have the right to:
● Consent or refuse consent to any care, treatment, service, or procedure to maintain, diagnose, or otherwise affect a physical or mental condition;
● Select or discharge health care providers and institutions;
● Approve or disapprove diagnostic tests, surgical procedures, and programs of medication;
● Direct the provision, withholding, or withdrawal of artificial nutrition and hydration and all other forms of health care, including cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
● Make anatomical gifts, authorize an autopsy, and direct disposition of remains.